Monday, May 7, 2012

This and That

This past weekend we traveled to Nashville for a wedding reception honoring Kyle's friend and old roommate, Mike. Mike got married two weekends ago at the beach and he and his new wife, Sam had a small party to celebrate their marriage. Kyle and I went to Nashville Friday after work and met up with Kyle's other friends, Shawn, Allie and their almost one year old baby Avery. The weekend was pretty low key for me. I was sick this past week (apparently I had walking pneumonia but the verdict is still out) so I slept a lot of the trip. Basically, I got 12 hours of sleep Friday night. It was awesome. I love to sleep.

Kyle and I on Broadway (a.k.a. the music street downtown Nashville where all the honky tonks are).

On Sunday, Kyle and I headed back to Birmingham, loaded up the car and took some of our junk stuff to the new house. We closed on our new house this past Wednesday. We are officially homeowners! It's a nice feeling. Kyle used the afternoon to rip up the carpet in the living room and dinning room to check out the condition of the hardwoods underneath. Luckily, they didn't look too shabby. Pictures of the house coming soon... I promise. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment