Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Baby Mae's Day

This past weekend we celebrated the upcoming arrival of my friend Sarah's baby, Mary Turner Abernethy. She will be called Mae. Sarah and I were friends and roommates at the Kappa Delta house for two years and I am so excited for her! I keep telling people I get the best of both worlds a boy (William) and a girl (Mae) right down the road to play with whenever I want.

Friday night our other good friends, BJ, Ferrill and Ferrill's hubby Rob came into town and we had a cookout over at our house (the rental).

Saturday morning we headed over to the baby shower brunch at Sarah's sister-in-laws gorgeous new home. Let's just say that little Mae racked up on the gifts. I've come to the conclusion people just love buying little girl stuff. Mae is going to be dressed to kill in all of her ruffles, bows, bloomers and smocked attire. Mae even got a Lil' Luxuries Whirlpool, Bubbling Spa and Shower. Hello?! Amazing. I'd use that thing to soak my own feet in.

Perhaps the best thing about the shower was Sarah's little helper, her nephew Slaton. He was a "big help" opening up gifts and is 100% boy. His mama is expecting a baby this fall and he is dead set that it is going to be a baby sister. Seriously. If you even mention the baby is going to be a boy he flips out. Here's hoping baby number two will be wearing pink.



Earlier in the week my parents came in town to check out our new house. I'll admit, I never thought we would have bought a house without me wanting approval from them but I put on my big girl panties and we bought a house...on our own. Their seal of approval meant a lot to me. Currently, my mind is in the land of paint colors, wood floor stains and general decorating ideas. Pinterest has become my best friend. I can't decide if I want to go ahead and post pictures or do some before and afters.

No comments:

Post a Comment