Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weekend Happinngs

Things were pretty low key around our house this weekend. I had Friday off (thank the good lord) for Veteran's Day and stayed in my pj's most of the day. That night we had some friends over for what I like to call a Fiesta Bonfire. Basically, Kyle made fajitas and we sat around a bonfire. So fun! Our good friends Caroline, Grant, Virginia and Matt came over. Caroline and Virginia are two of my good friends from high school and I am lucky to have them living here with me in Birmingham. Every once in a while we like to get this group over to have dinner. True be told, we like having people over for dinner. It forces me to clean up a little around the house and I get to pull out some of my wedding gifts that we wouldn't use when it's just the two of us. Plus, we enjoy the company. Really, I think the boys just like to laugh at the insane amount of gossip we can come up with between the three of us girls. If I had a dime every time the phrase, "according to my mom..." was uttered between us, I'd be rich.
I normally like to host dinners where Kyle does most of the cooking gets to show off his culinary skills. Over the years, I've come to love his flank steak and chicken fajitas so I thought I'd share the love with our friends. After dinner we sat beside our outdoor fireplace and made s'mores. Honestly, I haven't had those in forever. They never really "tickled my fancy" but will admit, they were pretty good.
                             The Davis Family
            Matt and Virginia
Saturday we had a pretty lazy day watching football and then Sunday we finished out last Together for Life class at our church. We have been participating in a 14 week class about the ins and outs of marriage. We have both enjoyed the class and are looking forward to finding a new Sunday School class to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment