Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Comfort food

You know things are pretty boring around our neck of the woods when I decide to post about comfort food. Listen people, although it may be hard to believe, we aren't living the life style of the rich and famous up here in Birmingham. Case in point, our supper last night. Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup (from a can).
Tomato soup is something I learned to appreciate when I met Kyle. My mom isn't a fan of tomato soup therefore we (my sister and I) never were. Imagine that. However, grilled cheese sandwiches have always been a personal favorite. It's like Kyle said, "who doesn't love bread, butter and cheese?"
Grilled cheese sandwiches were pretty much a Sunday night tradition in the Hayes household when I was growing up. I can remember getting home from church and my mom turning into a grilled cheese sandwich machine. Seriously, every Sunday night. Last night, I tried a grilled cheese recipe I saw on pinterest. Grilled cheese roll ups. It reminded me of something my Aunt Kay would make. She's likes cute recipes like this.
I made one and must say it was pretty tasty. Tasted like a grilled cheese..duh. We decided to stick with the good old classic sandwich though because we agreed that we could probably eat like 5 roll ups each. We struggle with portion control.

No comments:

Post a Comment