Saturday, November 12, 2011

People let me tell you about (one of) my best friends

I'm a lucky gal I tell ya. I have been blessed with some of the most amazing friends with some of the most amazing talents and gifts. One of my particularly "bestest" most talented friends is Megan:
         (this picture completely captures who Megan really is...it cracks me up!)
I met Megan when she moved to Dothan when I was in the 8th grade. I basically took one look at her and decided I was going to make her be my friend. Literally. Turns out, Megan was cool with that and we have been best buds since. There are a ton of wonderful things about Megan but one of the coolest things about her is that she's SUPER creative. Seriously ya'll...it amazes me. I call her my little creative genius. Megan has a degree in interior design and currently works for Eastern Accents in Chicago where she is designing anything from beautiful bedding to precious pillows.
Isn't she talented? As long as I've known Megan, she has always wanted to start her own business of some sorts. Well, 8 months before she's to marry she has decided to fulfill that dream.  She and her finance (Jason) have just launched their new business, Dishique. According to the website, "dishique specializes in unique and custom dinnerware for every occasion." Each plate is designed by Megan herself and let me tell you, the girl can draw.
Ya'll have to check out the website! There is soooo much more to look at! Plus she does custom orders. Here's the one she did for me for Mill's 1st birthday (it was farmed themed).
I recommend looking at both the website and online catalog. I know both she and Jason have been working so hard trying to get this business off the ground. Soooo proud of them! The great thing about Megan is that not only is she really creative, she is also very giving and patient. I'm always coming up with these crazy ideas I want her to make for me and she is always more than willing to give it a shot. Case in point: designing my Save the Date. I really think this girl is going to be famous one day. I really hope so because she promised me a long time ago that if she does I can be her Gayle.

No comments:

Post a Comment