Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Friday

Me, Kyle and "The Bear" hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! We'll be heading to Tuscaloosa this weekend for the Alabama vs Tennessee game. It's hard to believe it but football season is almost over. This is kind of bittersweet for me but devastating for Kyle. The man lives for football. Lives. I'm not going to lie, I do love football season but every once in a while (usually this part of the year) I begin to wonder what life would be like if my husband wasn't obsessed with football. I mean, what do non-football people do on Saturdays?

What I like about football season mainly has to do with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it. Which brings us to "The Bear." This lovely little (heavy) statue was given to us by my friend Caroline's dad, Mr. Steve, as a wedding gift. Long story short, Caroline's family had this statue in their playroom while we were growing up and it just bothered me that they had it because Mr. Steve was an Auburn man (gasp). The statue actually belongs to Caroline's great uncle (Quinn who happens to be a BAMA fan) but somehow ended up at their home. Almost every time I went over to their house I would ask Mr. Steve if I could have the statue so "The Bear" could have a proper home. Several years later, "The Bear" is now living with the Whitts in a home that any Bama fan would be proud of. His exact residence is in our sunroom properly named, "The Bama Baby den."
  Here's "The Bear" struttin' his stuff at one of our at home tailgate parties. This year Kyle has become the rib man when we stay at home to watch the games. They're pretty tasty! Here's to another weekend of football...

2 comments:

  1. Love this post :) So glad you started a blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Kyle's ribs, I'm gonna need to eat more of those at some point before the end of the season. So tasty!

    ReplyDelete