Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

Kyle and I discovered the art of making grilled pizza this past summer and since then have been on a grilled pizza kick. If you like thin, crispy pizza and you like your food to have a grilled taste...this is the pizza for you. I am once again going to give all the credit to Kyle. He's a really good cook. He's one of those people that likes to try new things and loves coming up with twists on classic recipes. Apparently Kyle discovered his love of cooking at a young age.
                          Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen? I melt.

So the whole lovin' to cook thing really works out for us because I like to eat and I am willing to try just about anything he cooks (except deer spaghetti). After he mastered the art of grilling a plain Jane supreme pizza, Kyle went out on a limb and created the Chicken Alfredo Pizza and let me tell you...it is yummy. We thought we'd share the recipe with you.

First the ingredients:
  • Pizza Crust
  • 1/2 package of Italian Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese
  • Italian seasoning
  • Bell Pepper
  • Onion
  • Alfredo Sauce
  • 1 large Chicken breast (not pictured)
Begin by lighting your grill. While you're waiting for that to heat up, you can admire your fall decor or water your ferns.
 When you're done with that, go inside and get to some prep work.

Chop up your onion and bell pepper into bite size pieces
Season your chicken with the Italian seasoning
Prep your crust with Olive Oil
During all this prep, your chicken should be grilling. I hope ya'll don't think I'm doing the grilling. Remember, this is Kyle's deal. I just follow him around with a camera. I grew up with this mentality that only boys should grill. Don't judge. I can remember my mom saying she was going to start the grill one night because my dad was running late and me and my sister freaked. Big time.We waited for the Dan.

Anyway, after the chicken is grilled, you need to chop it up into bite size pieces. Then, you will need to grill the TOP part of the crust first. I repeat. Grill the portion of the crust that you will place the toppings on later. This is key. Leave the crust on the grill until it looks nice and toasty...not burnt.
Here is the crust with the top portion slightly grilled. When this is done, you can begin prepping your pizza by first drizzling some more olive oil on top.
Next add the Alfredo sauce. A little disclaimer here. Nine times out of 10 we use Classico Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo sauce but Kyle decided to switch it up and use Newman's Own Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce. Big Mistake! We like the Classico A LOT better. I'm telling ya'll that sauce is good on anything; especially pasta.
 Then add the other ingredients: chicken, onions, bell peppers, cheese and a little more Italian seasoning. To make things fun act like you're on the Food Network while you put on the toppings. At least that's what Kyle did while I took pictures.

Now that the pizza is prepped, put that bad boy on the grill. I'm not exactly sure how long Kyle keeps it on there but I'm guessing 20 minutes or so. It seems like something you just have to eye ball. Cheese melts = pizza done. I do know that the key to getting the pizza cooked just right is having the coals good and hot. Grilling the chicken before helps with this process.
And there you have it! Chicken Alfredo Pizza. Slice it up with some of the fancy pizza tools your cousin Clay bought you for a wedding gift and serve.





I hope everyone has a good rest of the week and weekend. Me and Kyle are heading out of town tonight and I'll be sure to blog about it this upcoming week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment