Monday, March 26, 2012

The BIG 1 year


   Today, March 26th, 2012 marks the one year anniversary of our wedding. I know it's cliche to say this but it really has been a wonderful year that has flown by terribly fast. I told Kyle the other day I think the secret to marriage is staying really busy so that you don't have time to even think about getting on each others nerves. For the most part, this first year has been a lot of fun. Between weddings, showers, football games, studying, and having a tree fall in our yard, there hasn't been a dull moment at the Whittingtons. Moving in with Kyle and creating our first home together has definitely been the highlight.
     And now for a little therapy exercise I use with some of the couples I work with. You are welcome to create your own thankful list for your spouse or significant other:
I am thankful for a husband who understands and appreciates my sense of humor and knows how to appropriately tell me to chill out. I am thankful for a husband who makes me smile and who constantly keeps me on my toes. I am thankful for a husband who is friendly and never afraid to try new things. I am thankful for a husband who supports and encourages me. Finally, I am thankful for a husband who shows me he loves me each and every day. I cherish the moments we have had this year learning what it takes to build a successful marriage. 
Alright, enough with the sappiness... here are some pictures from one year ago.

Here's some from the honeymoon. People were not kidding when they said about one year later I would have the most incredible urge to go back on our honeymoon. I probably think about laying on a float and drinking a fruity drink about 2 times a day (minimally). That and how awesome it was to get a head start on my tan in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment